Monday, October 28, 2013

Hannah Haverkamp has a rival


haverkampink:

"Poor Brother Abelard - the evensong sounded like a pack of wounded dogs."
"Leave him be, Brother Martin, it’s not his fault the man can’t sing!"
MONKS monks monks.
We’re doing Luther in my Reformation class right now, and I’ve got monks on my mind! Don’t worry about Brother Abelard - Martin and Donald are actually his good friends, and he’s good at other things, like illuminating manuscripts. It’s a good thing glasses were just invented though!


11 comments:

hannah said...

what a poser!

dr pax said...

is swapping an option?

dr pax said...

wink wink

noah said...

haha

noah said...

Frits is the guy on the right :)

dr pax said...

he's trying, anyway

Hanser said...

Ok, I don't know what is going on here, but I can't find anything related to Hannah or some such rival in this link discussing the history of eyeglasses. Nor do I understand the comments left by you all above. Uhhh, what am I missing here???

hannah said...

i guess a phd doesn't give you general smartness

noah said...

hans - did u click the link?

Hans said...

Ahhh, I got it. I actually clicked on the link within your link that directs to the Wikipedia page on the history of glasses. Guess I didn't see the "haverkampink" link at the top.

the totems said...

i did the exact same thing Hans. silly us.very cool though. and by cool, clearly i mean the glasses page